What is day-to-day life like as an Digital Growth Executive, what are the main responsibilities, and what skills do you need to excel?
We chatted to Ben Clements, who is a Digital Growth Executive, to find out what day-to-day life is like in his role.
As a Digital Growth Expert it will be your role to work closely with the e-commorce team in order to come up with a a plan of action when manaaging and devloping the best marketing strategy digitally which will pioneer the organisation success through driving e-commerce traffic and revenue growth.
You will control and oversee a range of projects and play a key role in identifying roadblocks,whilst ensuring that creative solutions are found. You will also have to monitor the budgets of departments and ensuring results are delivered within quoted times. Working as part of a supportive and collaborative team you will play a key contributor to the organisation's success and ensuring the long term growth of the buisness
- Push online sales growth by inreasing web traffic and anaylsying how it can be improved
- Deliver reports on returns of investment on campaigns and conversions
- Maintain the trading plan and ensure the company goals are met and portrayed through dealings with clients
- Inform and influence other teams to drive postive contribution across a range of channels
- Create clear plans to deliver new customer based objectives
- Creation of digital calender and schedules
- Keep up to date wuth any devlopments in the digitl world and may help with generating ideas which will engage the customer
- Create reports which track progress of reports
- Use search engine optimization to improve the ranking of keywords of projects to boost engagement
Experience of budgeting, forcasting and reporting in an online buisness
Have a good ability to anticipate any new audience preferences and be able to make changes accordingly
Excellent communication and writing skills to be able to convey ideas succinctly within spoken scenarios such as meetings
A good understanding of webpage analystics and metrics in order to boost the engagement of content
Project management skills must be to a high standard as project can pile up and get hectic
Ability to make commercial decisions that are influcenced by insights and analysis
We can help you get into this role with DMA Student Membership
Being a DMA Student Member shows employers that you’re committed to your professional development and that you’re actively seeking to improve your skill set, making you more employable.
For just £3.75 a month you’ll:
- Get everything you need to jump out from the crowd and shine as a job applicant.
- Professionalise your marketing knowledge with real-life learning, curated by DMA's community of award-winning industry professionals.
Get free access to the IDM Award in Marketing
and the IDM Award in GDPR
(usually costing £1,188), giving you a grounding in the fundamentals of marketing, and all the knowledge you need to be a responsible marketer, two key attributes looked for by employers.
- Build your network via a packed programme of events & programmes led by top industry professionals, connecting you with DMA's community of business-leading professionals who are ready to help you on your career journey.
Discover all of Student Memberships benefits and become one here
Return to "I'm a Creative” page
Click here to return to "I'm a Creative" page to explore more job roles that are best suited to your personality and the DMA resources you should take a look at to get ahead of your competition.