01 Jul 2020
The DMA Talent Marketing Challenge gives aspiring marketers a taste of what it's like to work on a real-life marketing brief.
Who can enter?
- Any student who is up for a challenge!
- You don't have to be studying marketing - the challenge is open to students at any stage of any course.
- You must enter as part of a team, made up of between three and six people.
How does it work?
Whyte & Mackay have set the brief for 2022’s challenge, which asks you to come up with a 12-month integrated marketing campaign.
The deadline for entries is 23:59 GMT on 6 June 2022 and you can submit yours here.
After a preliminary round of judging by the DMA Talent Team, a shortlist will be selected of around ten teams.
This shortlist will then be judged by a panel of industry experts, with between three and five teams being invited to pitch their entries to Whyte & Mackay in July 2022, where the winner will be selected.
Past brands who have provided the challenge brief include Instagram, BMW, Nestle, Toyota, Royal Mail, The Economist, T-Mobile and Guinness.
2021's brief was provided by ScotRail, and challenged teams to come up with a 12-month integrated marketing campaign that combines people’s new found love of cycling during lockdown with using the train to travel for work or college or in their leisure time. You can have a look at the brief here.
DigiConnect, formed of four students from Bournemouth University, were crowned winners with their outstanding response to the brief.
We caught up with 2019’s winning team, GEMM Agency from the University of Greenwich, to find out what opportunities the challenge has created for them and why you should enter. Find out what they had to say by here.
Want more information about the competition? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to be kept up to date with everything DMA Talent? Click here to get all our latest news and upcoming opportunities delivered directly to your inbox to ensure you never miss an event or application deadline.
Become a DMA Student Member
Being a Student Member shows employers you’re committed to your professional development and that you’re actively seeking to improve your skill set, making you stand out from your peers.
For just £3.75 a month you’ll:
- Get everything you need to jump out from the crowd and shine as a job applicant.
- Get free access to the IDM Award in GDPR (usually £594), giving you all the knowledge you need to be a responsible marketer, a key attribute looked for by employers.
- Professionalise your marketing knowledge with real-life learning, curated by DMA's community of award-winning industry professionals.
- Build your network via a packed programme of events & programmes led by top industry professionals, connecting you with DMA's community of business-leading professionals who are ready to help you on your career journey.
- Get 50% off IDM courses and qualifications.