01 Jul 2020
Our Creative Data programme will introduce you to the data and marketing industry, connect you with leading industry professionals and, by attending, you’ll show employers that you’re committed to your personal development.
We run two online events within the programme. Our labs are one-day workshops that challenge you to crack a real-life business problem using data, and give you an insight into what a day working in the industry is like.
Our three-day academies take you on a deeper dive into the industry. You’ll hear from data experts on hot industry topics and discover the vast array of careers available.
Our academies are exclusive to DMA Student Members. Membership is available to apprentices and students, and it doesn’t matter what you’re studying or what year you’re in. There’s lots of benefits to becoming a Student Member, find out more and become one here.
Creative Data Academy
Our three-day academies will show you how data, insight and information are harnessed by marketers to craft inspiring and memorable campaigns.
The next academies will take place online during September 2021 (exact dates tbc).
At an academy you will:
- Work on a marketing brief for a famous brand using data to inform and shape your response, which you will pitch to the client on the last day.
- Get inside the real-world of creative data with talks and Q&As with established industry data and marketing practitioners.
- Collaborate with your fellow academy attendees to brainstorm creative ideas.
Many of our academy students have secured their first job or placement as a direct result of attending. Chloe Mo, 2017 attendee and now Insight Analyst as ASOS.com, is did just that. Read her story here.
To be amongst the first to know when applications open, and to be kept up to date with all DMA Talent's upcoming events and programmes, click here to join our mailing list.
Remember, you need to be a DMA Student Member to apply for a place on an academy. By becoming a member, you show employers that you're committed to your professional development and you're actively seeking to improve your skill set, making you more employable. Discover all of Student Memberships benefits and become one here.
Creative Data Labs
At our one-day lab, you’ll be challenged to crack a well-known brand’s business problem. With data presented to you in its rawest form, you will work in small groups to devise methods to understand, analyse, and produce recommendations.
Data experts will be on-hand to guide you through the process and help you tackle the brief.
At a lab you will:
- Get to grips with a data-related brief set by a well-known brand.
- Learn how to analyse datasets to gain insights and make marketing recommendations.
- Meet and network with like-minded individuals and industry professionals.
- Receive feedback and guidance from established data practitioners.
Upcoming online labs:
Throughout 2021 (dates tbc)
Applications are open, if you apply and are successful, we'll let you know when the date for the next lab is set.
Questions? Get in touch with DMA Talent.