DMA Breakthrough Award
07 Apr 2019
The DMA Breakthrough Award runs in partnership with the DMA Awards and GRT, giving aspiring creatives the opportunity to work on a creative brief set by a well-known brand.
This year's brief has been provided by sponsors Direct Line and the challenge is to develop a multi-channel campaign that will build awareness and excitement, and raise consideration of Direct Line pet insurance.
To find out how to get your hands on the brief, click here.
Applications close midday on Monday 11 November and entries can be submitted here.
The DMA Breakthrough Award gives students, interns and non-professionals the opportunity to:
- Build their portfolios with real client work
- Experience what it's like to work on a real-life client brief
- Get feedback and advice from industry experts and creative directors on their work
- Win a major marketing industry award
If successful at the first stage, teams are invited to pitch their ideas to the client and a panel of industry experts at a central London location on 3 December 2019. The finalists are then invited to attend the DMA Awards that evening to soak up the finest creative work from the past year, as well as importantly finding out if they took Gold, Silver or Bronze.
The 2018 brief challenged aspiring creatives to re-position Direct Line to a younger target audience by:
- Driving quotes and sales for new car insurance
- Building awareness and excitement for the brand and telematics product
- Increase understanding and awareness of telematics/'black box' insurance
Find out about the 2018 DMA Breakthrough Award finalists here.
Want to see 2018's brief? Email James Dredge.