Coronavirus: April 2020 - Business Impacts Barometer
22 May 2020
Discover the findings from our second monthly barometer on our industry’s attitudes to the evolving coronavirus challenge, generated thanks to the kind contributions of around 70 responses from across the DMA community.
In this April edition (with a long read here), many businesses surveyed are utilising the schemes created by the UK Government to help them through the crisis.
Our findings highlight:
- Nearly three-quarters of businesses are looking to Government schemes for support
- Over half of businesses have applied to the UK Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- The Job Retention Scheme is the most popular for businesses, followed by deferring VAT payments and reclaiming statutory sick pay
Employees reported the Government should provide more:
- Financial support (38%)
- Economic/political action (31%)
- Clear advice/comms (25%)
Encouragingly, most people feel:
- Organisations are putting their health and wellbeing first during the pandemic (91%)
- Confident in their organisation’s senior leadership (92%)
Read our March edition, here.
For more DMA advice and help for businesses affected by the coronavirus - and for the latest home learning opportunities from the IDM - head here.