Coronavirus: March 2020 - Business Impacts Barometer
28 Apr 2020
Discover the findings from our first monthly barometer on our industry’s attitudes towards the coronavirus challenge, generated thanks to the kind contributions of nearly 100 respondents from across our community.
In this March edition (with a long read here), many businesses surveyed aren’t confident they’ll survive the economic impact of the lockdown over the coming months.
Our findings highlight:
- 25% of businesses are confident they can last longer than six months at the current level
- 54% estimate they’re operating at just over half ‘business as usual’
- Nearly two-thirds of businesses are looking to Government schemes for help
Encouragingly, most staff feel they’ve the technology needed to make working from home both:
- Easy, 94%
- Productive, 93%
Most people also report:
- Confidence in business leadership, 86%
- Putting the health of staff first, 92%
The DMA continues to lobby government to address our industry’s key concerns. For the latest business advice and help around the coronavirus, see Coronavirus: Advice and Help.