Data and Marketing Legal Helpdesk
Got a legal question? DMA Members can save both time and money by getting in touch with our Legal and Compliance team who offer free advice in the following specialist areas:
- Data Protection legislation – including the UK GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, PECR and the imminent Data Protection and Digital Information Bill (DPDI)
- Data Privacy and Transparency – including impartial reviews of draft DPIA’s, Privacy Policies, Legitimate Interest Assessments, Consent Statements and data capture methods
- Channel-specific Marketing rules e.g. Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Email Marketing, SMS and Digital Marketing
- Industry-specific Codes of Practice – including the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice and the ASA’s Code of Advertising Practice
- Advertisement and marketing content, including a promotional marketing terms and conditions review service
In cases where you have a legal query that doesn’t fall within our team’s remit, the DMA has partnered with law firm Lee & Thompson LLP to provide the extra support you may need.
Lee & Thompson can offer help with:
- Comparative Advertising
- Contract and commercial queries
- E-commerce issues
- Intellectual Property (trademarks and copyright etc)
- Music Clearance
- Product Liability
They offer a free 30-minute assistance service exclusive to DMA members. For full Terms & Conditions, click here.