When & Where?
Tuesday, 4th June 2019
36 King's Stables Road
Join the DMA legal team, alongside Davidson Chalmers and ICO for the latest updates on politics and Brexit; have your lobbying FAQs answered; discuss Article 40-41 of the GDPR; learn more about the ICO's enforcement procedure, hear an update on the latest IP rights; and thoughts on LI vs consent.
Find out the latest in the world of data protection. Our legal and external affairs team will provide an update on any current issues we’re facing.
We will provide answers and shed some light surrounding the ICO's enforcement procedures and how an ICO investigation really works.
To round off the session, there will be an open discussion on Legitimate Interest vs Consent in marketing, with reference to the GDPR, and the application of LI vs consent
- Hear from the DMA’s legal and external affairs team
- Increase your knowledge of political and legal affairs affecting you
- Learn from Laura Irvine, partner and head of regulatory law, Davidson Chalmers
- Hear Maureen Falconer, regional manager, Scotland, ICO discuss ICO procedures
- Network with fellow peers from across Edinburgh
- Ask questions to experts that are relevant to your role and your business
If there’s anything you’d like to suggest for subsequent Legal update discussions, please let Asli Yildiz, head of legal, DMA know.
For all enquiries regarding this event, including sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ria Huxley.