DMA Awards Late Entry Deadline. 24 September.
Frequently Asked Questions
17 Aug 2021
The DMA Awards is where your work comes to prove itself; where you put it all to the test.
The Awards Team have put together their answers to a series of frequently asked questions about entering the awards.
If you have any questions not answered in this article, please get in touch with the Awards Team, who are on hand to help, at email@example.com.
1. You have to be a DMA Member to enter.
The DMAs are open to both Members and non- members, however DMA Members receive a discount on entries.
• DMA Member standard - £250 (+VAT)
• Non-member standard - £300 (+VAT)
• DMA Member late - £300 (+VAT)
• Non-member late - £350 (+VAT)
Remember: the cost listed here is per category entered, not per campaign.
2. You have to be an agency to enter.
In 2020, 30% of our entries came from brands entering directly. We also received entries submitted directly by marketing services providers too.
3. You have to be a big agency to win.
There have been plenty of DMA Gold winners that were not big agencies. You can see our list of winners and their case studies here.
4. You have to be a London agency or brand to win.
The DMAs have had many regional entrants shortlisted and win. e.g. Tiny Giant, and agency from the West and CHAS, a charity from Scotland.
All entries are judged anonymously, so agency names can’t be seen. This is to avoid bias during the judging process.
5. You have to submit a video as part of your entry.
Videos are not mandatory, and not including one as part of your entry will not put your submission at a disadvantage. Judges read each entry in full AND review all supporting material before scoring each entry.
6. Only entries with access to professional writers stand a chance of winning.
The DMA run free webinars and workshops to help entrants and offer them tips on how to make their entry the best it can be. Our Awards team are always on hand to support you. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of Resources below:
• On Demand - Webinar: DMA Awards – Unplugged
7. It costs too much to go to the Awards if you’re shortlisted.
Attending the DMAs is not compulsory if you’re shortlisted. The DMA team works with their suppliers to ensure that the ticket cost includes all entertainment, food, and drinks on the night, so there are no hidden costs. We also check our prices each year against other industry awards to make sure we’re as inclusive as possible.
8. You have so many good regional awards, so a DMA won’t make a huge difference.
Brilliant! Winning both regional awards and national awards will make you stand above everyone. This is an opportunity to shine on a national platform.
9. You can’t enter, because your client won’t sign off on your entry as they’re worried about confidential information.
The DMA pride themselves on their confidentiality. The Awards team will happily have a discussion with your client to help put their mind at ease. A few processes we have in place are: all Judges and staff sign an NDA before judging commences, and the entry form has a section entitled ‘for Judges’ eyes only’ for confidential information, which will never be used in the public domain or outside the judging room. For further information on how to get client sign off, please contact email@example.com.
10. You’ve entered before and haven’t been shortlisted or won, so you’re unlikely to do so this time.
Some entrants win the first time, but the DMAs are ‘rewardingly hard to win,’ so please persevere.
11. You can’t enter if you are confirmed to Judge.
Incorrect – all Judges are welcome to enter. We have a process in place to allow Judges to declare an interest, so work isn’t judged by those affiliated with the campaign. Our bespoke platform works outs an average based on the other Judges’ scores, so the work won’t be put at a disadvantage.
Ellie and Charlotte are always on hand to answer any or as many questions as you like, please contact them for advice about entering the DMA Awards.
Head of Events and Awards
Tel: 07542 024 236
Tel: 07522 814 430